We are pleased to announce that a senior HR professional (Ms. Nilanthi Jayasekara) was appointed as a 'Student Counsellor' at CIPM. As such you can meet the student counsellor who will be available at HR House every Sunday from 9 am to 12 noon. Further, you can reach student counsellor via firstname.lastname@example.org
CIPM management has made this arrangement to support CIPM students
on their studies and provide a better learning experience at CIPM.
The common educational concerns are listed below. By reaching the Student Counsellor, you will able to address those aspects.
1. To counsel students on educational issues such as, class scheduling, absenteeism, study habits, examination and career planning.
2. Counsel individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioural problems affecting their educational or vocational pursuits.
3. Provide counselling to students facing a crisis or difficulty which adversely affects them.
4. Identify the stress levels of students who seek help and address their issues as appropriate.
5. Advice students on the need to seek additional assistance from a medical professional as appropriate and as found necessary during counselling.
6. Evaluate and diagnose specific problems of students calling over for counselling. Accordingly, provide advice for corrective action.
7. Conduct follow-up interviews with counselees to determine if their needs have been met.